Sep 7, 2018 - Sep 9, 2018
This training is open to both yoga teachers and practitioners who are looking to deepen their practice. For certified teachers, it will count as 20 continuing education hours with Yoga Alliance. In recent years, Yin yoga has grown in popularity. Like any style of yoga, a regular Yin practice has numerous benefits, which can be physical, energetic, emotional, mental, and spiritual in nature. However, this training will focus most explicitly on the physical benefits of the practice and how to teach Yin to others in a safe and effective way. In this training, we will clear up any confusion between other relaxed styles of yoga and Yin yoga, so that you will be able to teach this rewarding style effectively with confidence and ease.
In this training we will cover:
• What Yin yoga is and how it differs from other styles of yoga;
• What the specific benefits of a Yin approach might be;
• Basic Yin yoga asanas;
• How these basic asanas might be modified to accommodate various students’ specific needs
• How to incorporate “yang” yoga counter-poses into a Yin sequence;
• Ways to teach a Yin yoga class effectively;
• What the benefits of being a Yin yoga teacher might be;
• And how to teach Yin yoga as a spiritual practice.
The Friday Night Training Session is from 6:00p – 9:00p. The Saturday and Sunday Sessions are from 9:00a – 7:00p with a lunch break from 1:00p – 2:30p each day.
Early-bird pricing is $400 through August 31. $450 after.